How to become a member
The aim of the Top Merchants in assocition with Gruppo Italiano Vini has been launced by Harpers Wine and Spirit Trades Review to recognise the work of the country's leading independent wine retailers by creating exclusive networking opportunities and events at which dedicated research about this area will be delivered. These events will also incorporate high-profile speakers who will provide insight from a customer perspective and impart important and useful information as to how Independent Wine Merchants can continue to grow their businesses even more successfully.
The members of the Top Merchants have been decided either by a panel of industry experts - members of the trade with years of experience between them, or by self nomination. To be included members must demonstrate the following:
* Be an independent merchant with 10 or fewer stores
* Be a business primarily sellling and promoting premium wines, beers and spirits
* Be a shop or have a high street retail presence (not be an exclusive online business)
* Have a wide range of premium products with an emphasis on diversity, innovation and quality
* Have a staff education process that voers wine and spirit education, the promotion of responsible drinks retailing and responsible drinking measures
* Have a customer education programme that promotes value in quality products and addresses responsible drinking issues
* Have a social responsiblity programme that works actively with the local community
This will not be a London-focused initiative but an oppportunity to host independent -specific events accross the country.
If you would like more information on how to qualify to be a member please contact Richard Siddle, Editor, Harpers Wine and Spirit Trades Review on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01293 610446.